Analyst, Systems and Desktop Administration
485 Lexington Avenue New York, NY 10017
Analyst, Systems and Desktop Administration
Reports to Sr. Manager, IT Operations & Support
The Analyst, Systems and Desktop Administration is responsible for monitoring, installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Systems and technology environment globally. This role will provide strong analysis and technical expertise to ensure stable, efficient and secure systems while also assisting in helpdesk desktop application support and operations.
Key objectives are:
- Develops and maintains expertise with systems administration, desktop support and helpdesk best practices and trends.
- Regularly makes recommendations to improve the health of systems to maintain a positive end-user community experience.
- Provides application support and triage in a team focused environment.
- Drives progress, ensures transparency, removes impediments, and mitigates risks.
Leader All-Encompassing Responsibilities
- Influences change by challenging the status quo, proposing ideas, and creating solutions to advance the company forward
- Understands the what and why for balancing long-term success with driving strong short-term results for the company
- Sets ambitious goals
- Tolerates complexity, chaos, ambiguity, and lack of structure
- Asks questions to understand issues more fully including considering how they connect with other issues, functions, processes, the big picture, and the future
- Connects to purpose to originate and innovate
- Studies how people behave to influence, inspire and motivate them
- Empowers people by building trust
- Takes ownership of outcomes - asks self what can I do to bring about the result I am seeking
- Studies the markets and the business (complexities, obstacles, issues and opportunities)
- Sees what’ s working and what’ s not, recommends alternatives to enable better execution
- Explores, reframes, creates, and solves to produce better results
- Strives to be in sync with the team and the rest of the organization -- achieves alignment
- Drives for extraordinary results -- aims high and has a plan behind it.
- Engages and explores – applies new discoveries and information to produce better results Anticipates, doesn’ t wait to be told
Essential Functional/Regional Responsibilities
Please note that reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential responsibilities.
- Designs, implements and supports operations of Windows server environment, including monitoring performance, patching and disaster recovery.
- Manages various infrastructures, including
- Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure, including EC2, S3, Aroura and redshift.
- Global Active Directory, including Azure AD
- Administers Microsoft Office365 Cloud Services
- Manages backups of on-site physical and VMWare environments as well as cloud infrastructure.
- Leads the design and implementation of new infrastructure projects in both the NY and regional offices.
- Manages global deployment of Meraki Firewalls and Wi Fi environment.
- Maintains Cloud based VoIP systems and Call Centers.
- Stays on top of security best practices for infrastructure
- Stay on top of industry best practices and trends to ensure LHW infrastructure remains secure and flexible to support the business strategy.
Requirements, Experience and Qualifications
The ideal incumbent will have
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science (strongly preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in System Admin role with hands-on experience in VMware, Cisco switches, Active Directory, supporting / configuring MS Office365 Exchange and collaboration platform
- Experience with
- PowerShell or similar scripting language
- Cloud platforms (AWS preferred)
- Proficiency managing
- Cisco switches
- VOIP environments
- NetApp or other SAN systems.
- Meraki Firewalls and Wi Fi environments
- Capable of building and managing VMware environments
- Work from NY office, with ability to travel up to 10%
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong presentation skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Energetic, positive, creative, frank, clear, and diplomatic
- Able to work with geographically distributed teams
- Demonstrated success delivering projects that include strategy, technology, change, and training components
- Effective in holding vendors accountable while fostering positive working relationships
- Able to quickly identify potential business & technology risks, and propose solutions
- Self-sufficient: Able to initiate, prioritize, and complete assignments with little supervision
- Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take risks and try innovative ways of solving problems
- Effective in prioritizing, collaborating and flexing to meet the needs of the team.
Recruiting Director, Executive Search
Christine joined The Connors Group in 2006 and is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. With her roots in the NY area, she uses her local knowledge and experience to serve NYC area clients and candidates in multiple industries.
Christine knows that clients value honesty, attention to details and sound judgment in identifying and presenting highly qualified, well targeted candidates. Using her vetting techniques, she confidently presents only candidates who have the depth of background and breadth of experience that meet the specific requirements of the position. She also has an eye toward the future to ensure her candidates will become highly valuable to her clients and be able to progress.
Candidates appreciate recruiters who listen to their aspirations and objectives. Christine understands that candidates need accurate information about positions, the culture and career potential. She uses her in-depth understanding of the individual client hiring process and her ability to guide candidates through each step to remove the uncertainty associated with seeking a new position.
Christine provides highly responsive service with continuous follow-up to her clients and candidates alike.
Christine is a key contributor to the Connors Group team of recruiting professionals. She works closely with the team to ensure that, when a position is not in her specific area of expertise, her clients’ skill requirements are routed to the team member who can meet the requirements. Christine’s primary objective is to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates by providing the highest level of satisfaction possible.
Outside of her professional life, Christine enjoys the challenge of learning to play the piano, traveling the globe and walking all the great cities of the world with her husband, jet skiing and fast cars!