Analysis - Business Analyst Mid
650 Liberty Ave Union, NJ 7083 | Contract
North America’ s leading home furnishings retailer is seeking a BA Analyst for the Business Analysis team in their eCommerce and Mobile Technologies IT division.
Under the direction of the Delivery Manager/Project Manager and work stream leadership, this role will be responsible for developing and documenting functional specifications from user-defined business requirements which support the strategic objectives of the Corporation.
This role also provides an effective liaison between the business departments, various IT departments, as well as, external vendors providing IT related services. As a Business Analyst for the team you must be able to do following:
• Participate in Iterative/Agile development of solutions based on acceptance criteria and design.
• Understand critical business processes supporting business, interview internal and external customers to gather requirements.
• Elicit, capture and analyze the project’ s business requirements into user stories, detailed functional specifications, user interface specifications, and general system requirements.
• Participate in all aspects of IT Agile project development; including Scrum, Backlog Grooming and Sprint Planning & Demos to ensure projects are continuously moving forward.
• Participation in all cycles of project release, including Discovery, delivery and post release support.
• Lead/participate in proof of concept demonstrations to gain early feedback and inform product strategy and for ensuring smooth adoption.
• Trace user stories to business objectives and the product vision throughout the sprint to ensure it' s actually been delivered as imagined.
• Identify gaps in data requirements between as-is and to be states. Model the data requirements to ensure that the data will support the new solution. .
• Communicate continuously and effectively with external business partners and internal teams to articulate a project' s comprehensive requirements.
• Collaborate with UX designers, developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs while not impacting customer experience.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a collaborative team with participation with team members including the product owners, designers, and testers.
• Minimum 3- 5 years experience in business process analysis
• Minimum 3 years experience operating in an Agile environment, writing user stories and functional requirements documents.
• Minimum 3 years working on Mobile Web and Mobile App projects.- iOS and Android.
• Minimum 1- 3 years working on Responsive Design websites
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Visio and Project.
• Working knowledge of common tools for managing Agile User Stories and Sprints such as JIRA and IBM Rational toolsets
• Working knowledge of Toad for Oracle or another SQL Client.
• Ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Ability to think analytically and be a problem solver.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
• Working knowledge of HTML, Java, .NET, SQL, and XML is not required but is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution preferred.
• Master’ s degree in Business Administration is a plus.
• Retail and broad understanding of eCommerce Systems, including Mobile is required; Strong understanding of Responsive Design techniques and Marketing Experience is a plus.
• Experience and/or familiarity working in a Digital related field are a plus.
• Experience with ATG Web Commerce, is a plus
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”