ASSOCIATE Innovation & Business Development Manager
40 Fulton Street 15th Floor New York, NY 10038 | Direct Hire
Innovation & Business Development Associate Manager
The company is looking for an Innovation and Business Development Associate Manager to join their broader marketing team. The Associate Manager will be responsible for managing the baby & toddler innovation process from concept and research to working with the cross-functional team on formulation and launch planning across multiple product lines. As a company founded on creating innovative, organic food products, The company places a lot of importance on our ability to launch new products in multiple categories. Additionally, the Associate Manager will work on various business development and companywide strategic growth projects.
- Product Development – help lead cross-functional team in project management of innovations including packaging, formulation, and design.
- Consumer Research – lead consumer research on strategic initiatives to help define growth opportunities in new and current categories in which we play.
- Innovation Planning – work with the VP of Innovation & Business Development on baby and toddler innovation planning, including analysis of potential categories for expansion.
- Consumer Marketing – while not responsible directly for the marketing plan, the Associate Manager will be an active member of the marketing team and will participate in this creation of marketing strategies.
- Business Analytics and Competitive Tracking- responsible for competitive analysis ongoing.
- Strategic Projects – take on additional strategic projects for The company as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
You are enthusiastic about organic food, nutrition and health – and want to learn or deepen your experience in marketing/brand management, innovation and business development. You have extensive experience doing primary and secondary research, have worked in marketing or consulting, and are very detail oriented. You have experience analyzing market opportunities (though not necessarily in CPG) and are comfortable in Excel. You are a self-starter who can work independently with a moderate level of guidance. You are passionate about our The company mission to change the trajectory of children’ s health in the US by partnering with parents from the beginning of their journey and beyond!
- BA required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant marketing, innovation or experience in a consumer goods business
- Experience with project management and managing timelines, operations, and logistics, ideally in a consumer goods business
- Competence in traditional business computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc)
- Strong in excel modeling and data analytics
- A go-getter with a strong work ethic
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
Ability to multi-task with varied skill-set and ability to develop new skills outside of comfort zone
Recruiting Dir., Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry
Tara joined the Connors Group team in 2018 as Recruiting Director, Retail, Apparel, Beauty & Luxury Industry Specialist. She believes clients value a recruiter who is curious, fast, efficient, honest and a brand ambassador. They want to ensure that the candidate they are getting is the right fit for their brand or business. Because Tara has been in retail in many different roles for 26 years, she offers the ability to anticipate the questions a candidate may ask, so that she can interview like a subject matter expert. As the candidate's very first interaction with the company, it is critical to represent the brand and company in the best way possible. Tara knows candidates value a recruiter who is friendly, honest, has exceptional follow-up skills and gives sound career advise. She understands the ins and outs on how to run a business from both a sales perspective and operational perspective. Knowledge of the roles she recruits for allows her to quickly assess if someone is right and ready for the role. And because she has also been the "candidate," Tara appreciates the importance of follow-up. There is nothing worse than experiencing radio silence after you've gone through the interview process. Good news or bad news, she won't leave you guessing.
Tara is most proud of her legacy of talent, possessing the ability to identify, select and retain top professionals. She has developed and coached individuals on a consistent basis, and nothing gives her greater satisfaction than watching teams succeed and move on to bigger and better things! She is also proud of the fact that she opened 17 stores with e.l.f. Cosmetics in a year and half. In her over two years with e.l.f. she helped create and structure how the stores run today, from both a service and staffing perspective, to the operational way in which they function. Really having to become a jack of all trades; she is very proud of what was accomplished there.
A career goal is to be seen as an HR expert in the recruiting field. Tara wants to leverage her experience in running stores, HR and Learning & Development to reach a broader scope of candidates. Her desire is to build trust with the hiring managers and HR so that they think of our company first before going to any other recruiting firm. In speaking to some fun facts, when not at work, she likes to spend as much time outdoors as possible; and loves to run, bike, hike and ski. A Long Island resident, Tara is a lacrosse mom and can be found on the field every weekend cheering on her 3 kids. Her husband is a Battalion Chief for the FDNY in the Bronx. Tara also loves sitting on the beach while reading a good book!