2 Commerce Drive Cranford, NJ 07016
In this role you will support EDI, including configuration changes to the application, troubleshooting and development. You will also support segments of the integration layer including work with Application Program Interface (APIs) modules as well as custom development.
Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes and revises existing systems logic as necessary
- Design and develop comprehensive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs programs
- Creates software requirements based on business needs and works with consultants and staff to incorporate into system design and testing.
- Works with APIs and applications consuming APIs
- Configuration of EDI off the shelf and propriety applications
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements.
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
Java, PERL, Rest API, SoapUI, UNIX shell scripting, SQL
Linux, Apache Tomcat
ANSI X12 transactions
Web Services Architecture XML, HTTPS, WSDL, SSL/TLS security service module and self-signed certificates
Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training; 3+ years’ experience on one platform, multi database, multi-language or multi business application, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Tricia started working with The Connors Group in 2001, and focuses on recruiting for ERP positions. With an energy that's contagious, her relentless spirit has forged great relationships with clients, candidates, and colleagues. Tricia believes that clients value recruiters who can identify and deliver qualified candidates to them and add value to the process of on-boarding talent. Those who are truly matched to the organization are the type of employees they’ll be able to retain for a long time! Candidates value good communication, honesty, and the perception that their professional expertise is validated. Tricia tries to give each individual specialized attention to not only make them feel important, but to really understand their unique value proposition in what they do for their career. She always gives feedback – whether good or bad. Constant feedback helps to build strong rapport and establishes trust!
Once, Tricia had a candidate who was down and out because of the direction his life was going due to circumstances outside of his control. He wasn’t working, which impacted his confidence and hindered his ability to find new work. Because she recognized his potential, Tricia came up with a marketing plan and introduced him to companies he had not even considered. She was able to secure him an interview, and he not only landed at the company – he stayed there for 10 years and earned himself two promotions! Another time, she had a candidate who was out of work for two years. After spending a considerable amount of time introducing him to companies, he ended up landing a job with her help, which saved him from losing his home. At the end of the day, it’s really all about fit and finding that right opportunity. Tricia saw it through because she truly cared about seeing his success!
Her goal is to be the number one recruiter for finding the right talent to support ERP packages. Tricia wants to be positioned as someone who listens and truly understands the job market- a capable counsel for job seekers looking for new opportunity. Outside of the office, she loves hiking, especially in Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. Tricia also enjoys reading and loves to cook (she's a pescatarian). Would also love to be on the show Survivor one day!