2200 Northern Blvd East Hills, NY 11548
The AP Specialist is responsible for providing exemplary customer service while carrying out specific financial and administrative support responsibilities. Financial responsibilities will be focused on accounts payable processing for multiple entities. Administrative responsibilities will include providing support to the CEO and assisting in day-to-day office operations and providing back up coverage to other team members.
About the Job
- Enter all vendor invoices into accounting system
- Receive incoming vendor invoices (by mail, email or fax) and ensure the proper manager approval is obtained
- Research and resolve open invoice issues and escalate issues to the next level in a timely manner
- Provide exemplary customer service to both vendors and employees
- Request vendor statements monthly
- Make daily bank deposits
- Communicate and follow up effectively regarding vendor accounts on a timely basis
- Assist CEO with special projects, as needed
- Manage employee travel requests by working with outside travel agency on bookings
- Cover front reception desk, as needed
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal team members
- Participate in team planning meetings
- A friendly, positive, upbeat, and enthusiastic personality
- Highly motivated and self-starter who desires progressive growth and embodies the entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities while being detail-oriented
- Ability to engage with different levels within client organizations
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential or sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Business Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- ERP System experiences a plus
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Accounts Payable experience within computer software and hardware business preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in related field
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!