522 East 74th (between York Ave & FDR Drive) NY, NY 10021
Under general direction of the Director of Customer Support Services, the AIX\Unix Administrator oversees the configuration, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of network physical and virtual AIX, Unix, and Linux server infrastructure and operating systems. Responsibilities also include management of vendors, auditing, periodic checks to ensure smooth functioning of all the hardware components and software applications, configuring and maintaining directory services, data services, file sharing services, and resource sharing services. Participate in the development and support of Open Systems architecture and strategy across a large multi-vendor platform environment (HP, IBM, Oracle, UNIX). Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously while performing day to day operations.
- Strong AIX, Red Hat Linux and various other UNIX flavors administration skills.
- Strong knowledge of IBM Power VM, VIO upgrades, migrations and patching.
- Strong shell-scripting experience (sh, ksh, csh shells, Perl, etc.).
- Expert troubleshooting abilities.
- Understanding of data center infrastructure technologies including Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experienced with virtual machine technology and topologies.
- Experience with backup and recovery.
- Understanding of operational and support processes and best practices.
- Desire to stay up to date on technologies and best practices.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed and during emergencies.
- Monitoring network and server operations.
- Provisioning and troubleshooting virtual machines.
- Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
- Identify or address interoperability requirements.
- Implement updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.
- Identify, standardize, and communicate levels of access and security.
- Document installation or configuration procedures to allow maintenance and repetition.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Test issues such as system integration, performance, and system security on a regular schedule or after any major program modifications.
The following skill sets are highly desirable and preferred
- Knowledge of security policies and experience implementing security controls.
- Knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge on IBM Monitoring tools (Tivoli, Netcool, Impact.etc)
- Knowledge of End point protections
- Advanced Unix shell programming skills.
- High Availability cluster technologies and virtualization skills.
- Working knowledge of SSL
- IBM application monitoring skills.
- Working knowledge of AIX system performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the Cloverleaf interface engine, Lawson financial systems and Kronos time and attendance in an IBM AIX and Redhat Linux environments a strong plus.
EDUCATION - Required
- BA in computer science/information technology (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum Years of Experience Type of Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the use, support and maintenance of PC systems, software, networks, and related hardware.
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!