The IT Technical Operations Manager:
201 Black Rock Tpke. Fairfield, CT 6825
• Is a hands-on technical role that also oversees and directs the day-to-day activities of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure,
• Provides leadership and continuous guidance to the Infrastructure team
• Contributes to the strategic vision of the technology environment
In the Technical Environment
Support of 400 end-users across 4 company locations throughout the United States. Environment includes office, manufacturing, and warehouse personnel. Deployed hyper converged clusters at each location with an external third-party data center acting as the primary. All sites are connected through a converged cloud SD-WAN and security solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Monitor and Improve Networks, Servers and Systems
• Consistently monitor Bigelow Tea’ s servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues. Assess system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair.
• Makes recommendations for new hardware and software to maintain and improve the environment.
Manage/Delegate Short Term and Long-Term Technology Projects
• Provide Project Management and hands-on technical support of approved technology projects.
• Manage and guide the internal IT team and third-party service providers to ensure project success.
• Projects may include upgrades of hardware and software, migration of services to our data center or a third-party cloud provider.
Oversee IT Service Desk
• Ensures resolutions of user requests or issues in a timely manner. Provide indirect and direct user support as needed to resolve issues.
Promote Technology Vision
• Assist in strategic planning and operational vision to achieve business goals by encouraging innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems.
• IT systems include Office 365, networks, disaster recovery, cloud & internal server and storage management, end-user collaboration, telephony, video conferencing, and security.
Manage Vendor Relationships
• Establishes and manages productive working relationships with IT Software vendors and Service Providers. Sets expectations and standards of Service Providers to ensure suitable support for issues and strategic guidance.
Develop and Enforce Department Policies
• Assist in the development, implementation, and adherence of procedures, policies, and training for infrastructure administration and management. Participate in the development of IT operations strategies in collaboration with the Director of IT and the IT team.
Managing and/or directing the activities of IT Infrastructure Analysts, both to directly support end users and to assist with IT department upgrades and other projects. Assess current department needs and help desk inquiries and assigns personnel to resolve each issue.
Remain current with developments in the information technology field and their potential impact on Bigelow Tea’ s present and future needs. Continue technical professional development through seminars and workshops, membership in technical and professional organizations, and through reading technical publications and journals.
Technical skills – Candidate must demonstrate wide range of hands on technology skills across multiple IT functions
Networking - Cisco routers and switches / SD-WAN
Server Hardware – Nutanix Hyper-converged clusters with Prism Central, HP
Software - Acropolis, VMWare, Windows Server 2008, 2016, 2019
IBM Series I Operations Management – preferred but not required
Backup and Recovery – Datto, HYCU
BC/DR planning and execution
Team leadership – Ability to effectively manage an internal IT technical team and multiple technology partners and Managed Service providers. Set department priorities
Communication skills – Strong written and verbal communications; able to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization
Problem-solving skills – Excellent problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to directly addressing issues with software, hardware, and servers
Technical expertise across IT functions (experience with Enterprise applications is a plus)
Problem solving skills
Driven to consistently evolve and improve
Ability to foster teamwork
Project management skills
Ability to meet deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor' s degree from four-year college or university in a related field along with eight to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience working as a hands-on technician with recent management experience.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Tricia started working with The Connors Group in 2001, and focuses on recruiting for ERP positions. With an energy that's contagious, her relentless spirit has forged great relationships with clients, candidates, and colleagues. Tricia believes that clients value recruiters who can identify and deliver qualified candidates to them and add value to the process of on-boarding talent. Those who are truly matched to the organization are the type of employees they’ll be able to retain for a long time! Candidates value good communication, honesty, and the perception that their professional expertise is validated. Tricia tries to give each individual specialized attention to not only make them feel important, but to really understand their unique value proposition in what they do for their career. She always gives feedback – whether good or bad. Constant feedback helps to build strong rapport and establishes trust!
Once, Tricia had a candidate who was down and out because of the direction his life was going due to circumstances outside of his control. He wasn’t working, which impacted his confidence and hindered his ability to find new work. Because she recognized his potential, Tricia came up with a marketing plan and introduced him to companies he had not even considered. She was able to secure him an interview, and he not only landed at the company – he stayed there for 10 years and earned himself two promotions! Another time, she had a candidate who was out of work for two years. After spending a considerable amount of time introducing him to companies, he ended up landing a job with her help, which saved him from losing his home. At the end of the day, it’s really all about fit and finding that right opportunity. Tricia saw it through because she truly cared about seeing his success!
Her goal is to be the number one recruiter for finding the right talent to support ERP packages. Tricia wants to be positioned as someone who listens and truly understands the job market- a capable counsel for job seekers looking for new opportunity. Outside of the office, she loves hiking, especially in Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. Tricia also enjoys reading and loves to cook (she's a pescatarian). Would also love to be on the show Survivor one day!