Sr. Director Corporate Services
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
The individual in this role will manage the strategic development, integration and implementation of the suite of solutions in the Corporate Services domain.
This may include but is not limited to application in the following areas: Human Capital Management (HCM), Corporate Communications, Audit & Risk Management, Travel, and Legal. As well as other areas including Security, Philanthropy and Executive Board of Directors Communications.
The span of responsibility is global and supports the teams and application usage across the world. This position will partner with other groups with IT, outside consulting resources and divisional business teams to set direction and strategy as well as determine priorities for the development and ongoing management of business processes and the supporting technology and tools while overseeing the architecture and roadmap of each system.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- This role is the innovation thought leader in all of the Corporate Technologies mentioned above. Understand and predict emerging technology, service and functionality trends as well as comprehend market adoption of emerging service and business models.
- Architect, design and build scalable infrastructure and platforms aligned to business and technology strategies
- Drive solutions and recommend industry standards and best practices, across cloud, on-premise or hybrid architectures.
- Partner with global business teams to adopt best practices and align technologies with business use cases
- Act as trusted advisor to business units and 3rd party partners on all matters of the corporate technology, software development, and project delivery.
- Attract and retain experience talent for the Technology & Process Group
- Participate in the development of IT Strategic applications plan; review development and integration standards as well as ensuring team members’ adherence to compliance.
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiency through new tools and techniques, including other necessary modifications needed due to regulations within a respective country or region. Ability to provide value-add, business process improvement recommendations.
- Accountable to successfully deliver assigned programs/projects and results through cross-functional collaboration and partnering with the program/project leads and enterprise-wide stakeholders.
- Review and manage resource assignments based on project priorities. Support project leads with determining accurate estimates for project planning.
- Coordinate inter-department activities in regards to application development changes.
- Collaborate with production support and business solution teams to review applications’ effectiveness. Present solutions to IT management.
- Conduct feasibility studies and provide recommendations for software systems to purchase.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in order to proactively identify areas for growth, improvement, and development with the capability to implement industry best practices
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in IT operations and/or IT application development organization.
- Requires knowledge of the Agile/lean processes as well as Waterfall project management
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching other in IT project management methodologies
- Experience in implementation of new software systems
- Experience with Human Resource systems and other corporate/internally used technologies
- College degree in programming/systems, computer science, or specialized training, certification, or equivalent work experience.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, analytical, and able to manage multiple work streams in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining a Product backlog and sorting the Product backlog items according to priority.
- Agile development experience
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall practices
- 3+ years of experience working within product owner framework or similar function
- Influence the evaluation, design, and rollout of creative service platforms and endpoint management solutions in a rapidly evolving ecosystem
- Conduct product research define user personas, and collaborate on current and future-state journey maps
- Craft presentations for the business on potential capabilities and enhancements
- Report on velocity, value and status regularly
- Proficient in partnering with the business departments and working closely with them on a day to day basis
- Ability to lead and guide executive level business partners with strategy and opportunities
- The ideal candidate will take an enterprise-wide mindset to their work and will partner with key stakeholders at all levels to develop a strategy and approach appropriate for end-users.
- Knowledge of global business applications and technical platforms supporting systems technology requirements.
- They will be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of business processes and global strategy and its relation to other departments.
- Effectively lead teams and plan projects / tasks.
- Ability to analyze resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills to drive organizational change.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas, comprehend written and verbal communications, and possess excellent presentation skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!