Senior Network Engineer
4901 Kesslersville Rd. Easton, PA 18040
The primary responsibility of the position is to administer the global data, voice, and security infrastructure to ensure reliability, accessibility, integrity, speed, and cost efficiency
This includes, but is not limited to, the
- LAN (Local Area Network)
- WAN (Wide Area Network) - which links our national and international offices
- GAN (Global Area Networks) - combining all of the above with mobile- communication technologies.
- VPN (Virtual private network) – all connections associated with employee remote access and any site-to-site setups
- Internet – all circuits providing Internet access
- WLAN – enterprise wireless LAN
- SD-WAN (Software Define Network)
Data Administration of all global network infrastructure components, including routers, switches, access points, and administrative software. Responsibilities include:
Vendor & Manufacturer Management:
- Creates good partnerships with new and existing business partners.
- Stays current with new networking technology
- Develops network roadmaps defining what network technologies will be adopted and when
- Proposes networking solutions to business challenges / needs
Move, adds, and change management
- Install all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment and devices.
- Integration of voice with data network where applicable
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of all Victaulic networks.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Providing training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Working closely with other departments and organizations
- Collaborates with other IT staff
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Manages outsourced NOC operations, reviews trending reports, makes recommendation
- Turns up or down WAN services to ensure optimized (best performance at least cost)
- Undertakes routine preventative measures,
- Ensures all network configurations meet guidelines set by the Victaulic IT Security Administrator
- Monitors and Maintains network security (firewalls, etc)
- Minimum 5 years of experience administering a Cisco data network
- Cisco, Routing & Switching, ASA, Network Administration
- Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials.
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights/security within a networked environment.
- Thorough understanding of the OSI network model
- Experience with security principles is required and one year of Cisco ASA Firewall and/or Zone-Based Firewall experience is desired.
- Experience in implementing and administrating common TCP/IP based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH and SMTP.
- Familiar with Windows operating system
- Experience with setting up TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, QoS
- Experience working with WAN technology such as ATM or MPLS
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Project and Vendor Management experience is desired.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®)
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”