IT Service Desk Technician II
201 Black Rock Tpke. Fairfield, CT 6825
The main activities of the role are:
- Be the “ First Responder” for all end-user service desk issues/requests
- Field incoming help requests from end users in a courteous manner. Requests may be received by Service Desk ticket, telephone, e-mail, messaging or in-person.
- Prioritize and schedule problems with assistance from other members of the IT team.
- Transfer/escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced IT team member.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Build relationships with the end-user community / Provide excellent customer service.
- Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software hardware & solutions used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop documentation and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Strong working knowledge and experience in implementing and maintaining the following technologies:
- Knowledge of end-user computer hardware and software
- PCs (Windows 7/8/10) / MacOS (OSX10+)
- Mobile phone set-up and support
- Application support experience
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge and interest in technology products and trends
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor' s degree from four-year college or university is preferred; at least one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certifications would be a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.