Digital Product & UX/UI Lead - Digital Team
250 Oak Ridge Road Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
The Digital & UX/UI Lead will work as part of the Digital SWAT team and is accountable for designing and implementing compelling, intuitive, innovative user-centric experiences for our clients products and services.
Set the strategy, approach and standards for UX UI design across the organization as a whole.
- Lead the user experience vision for one or more products or product lines.
- Identify problems, gauge the usability of products, and make sound recommendations for improvements.
- Understand and clearly communicate the information architecture, workflows and processes surrounding the user experience with project teams.
- Bring insights to life through wireframe designs, mock ups, personas, user journeys, service design blueprints, and shareable artifacts for prototyping, testing and launch.
- Drive development of user personas and journeys to set product vision.
- Drive usability testing with internal resources and partners.
- Work with developers to successfully implement design into products.
- Assist in defining product vision, road-map and growth opportunities.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize user stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Assist with planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Interface with the supporting functions (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Marketing) to get the required reviews, approvals and feedback.
- Research and analyse markets, users, and roadmaps for our products – benchmarking competitors as necessary.
- Collaborate with QA and delivery teams on user acceptance testing.
- Lead/guide internal resources and vendors in UX/UI design and implementation to ensure a seamless, engaging and intuitive customer experience across products, platforms and channels.
- Act as a core team member on all digital transformation projects, especially in matters relative to UI/UX strategy, design and implementation.
- Act as a Project Lead/Delivery Lead on UI/UX projects.
- Act as a Champion for customer centricity, design thinking and agile across the organization.
- Ensure the overall success of digital transformation projects.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in interaction design, visual design, human computer interaction, computer science or closely related areas.
- Demonstrated experience applying design thinking to complex problem spaces.
- 7 + years of UX/UI design experience.
- Outstanding knowledge of UXUI best practices.
- 5+ years of Agile delivery and methodology experience.
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Invision, Sketch, Adobe Xd.
- Experience working in / leading project teams.
- Experience in cross-organizational collaboration and integration.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong leadership skills along with the ability to develop and execute on strategy.
- Ability to interpret customer and business needs and translate into solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional demeanor and ability to interact comfortably with all levels of staff, vendors and third parties.
- Creative and analytical problem solver.
- Must be bondable.
- 2+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in The Companying / Financial Services.
- Proficiency with agile development tools such as JIRA.
- Exposure to The Companying and/or finance environments preferred.
- PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Have exposure to key elements of retail and commercial The Companying.
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!