Digital Direct (Ecommerce) Merchandise Planner (2)
100 West 33rd Street, , Suite 1012 New York, NY 10001
This a newly created role, my client is looking for an innovative, results-driven Digital Direct (Ecommerce) Merchandise Planner with an entrepreneurial spirit to drive aggressive revenue growth across multiple channels. The Merchandise Planner will partner with the sales/operations team to develop and execute against strategic sales and inventory plans that tie to overall financial targets. He/she will plan, analyze, and continually improve our digital direct business across all categories and channels.
The successful candidate must elevate beyond standard problem-solving applications and support the team with creative, innovative ideas while being solutions oriented.
- Partner with sales and operations teams to develop seasonal/annual strategies by category and channel.
- Build financial plans in accordance with merchandise strategies to maximize profitability.
· Develop bottoms up, thoughtful product buys that tie into the overall division financial plan.
- Drive in season analysis and decision making to achieve annual financial and strategic targets.
- Manage inventory health, open-to-buy, item-level forecasting, and assortment planning.
· Leverage / optimize inventory across multiple physical warehouses and digital channels.
- Forecast financials based on divisional KPI’ s.
· Metrics: Traffic (sessions), Conversion, AUR, UPT, Orders, AOV
- Drive a high standard for analytical excellence through accurate and actionable reporting.
- Develop price strategy and exit recommendations with sales team.
- Plan and forecast reconciliation across product type and category.
- Envision, and facilitate, aggressive growth of the brand online.
- Train and develop cross functional partners on planning methodology to ensure buy in of strategic vision.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of merchandise planning experience and/or related industry experience (consulting, investment banking).
- Ability to navigate complex systems and processes with an eye to simplicity
- Experience designing and building new processes and reporting/training.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to build forecasting tools.
- Experience using, leveraging and navigating Google Analytics
- Advanced excel skills. Statistical analysis a plus.
- Online Retail experience
- Proven track record of achieving financial objectives.
- Strong analytical acumen to identify and resolve business performance issues specifically in forecasting and planning models
- Strong technical and operational experience.
- Hands-on or entrepreneurial attitude. Self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and communicate to all levels.
- Ability to multi-task
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Business Transformation & IT
Sheri first joined The Connors Group in 2002. Her genuine commitment to finding the best outcomes for her clients and candidates has resulted in establishing long term, trust-based partnerships. Sheri believes that above all, clients value results and responsiveness in any partner. A high level of service is always required in recruiting, and asking the right questions about an opportunity helps ensure talent is functionally capable and culturally aligned to their needs.
Candidates value that Sheri always takes the time to understand their career goals… because an opportunity represents more than just a job description. Additionally, candidates are always very appreciative of constant follow up and updates to encourage them through the application process. Maintaining two-way communication for interview management and post-hire follow up; she believes it’s always important to empower others through honest feedback.
Making her clients happy is the most rewarding part of the job! Working with an organization to fill their “top spot” and leveraging her consulting expertise in building out their team… This is a scenario that’s occurred multiple times and something she is certainly proud of in her career. She also loves that she has effectively established and maintained her network. Managing to build relationships over the decades and watch individuals grow in their careers – these are accomplishments that have been incredibly rewarding!
Career goals include continuing to learn and grow, build new client relationships, and develop new practice areas. To be positioned in the market as the go-to person for hiring needs in technology, digital, and business transformation - always both from a consulting and full-time standpoint! Outside of work, Sheri loves to travel! Art, theatre, film, jazz, palates, hiking, cycling, and Star Trek (yes – she’s a Trekkie!) are all interests! A favorite quote – “Nobody ever died wishing they spent more time at the office!”