Senior Programmer Analyst/Application Support
240 Rte 10 West Whippany, NJ 07981
The Senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems utilizing all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle. He/she performs advanced systems analysis and business systems design functions related to systems development and installations. He/she works under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Applications and/or an assigned project manager.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Performs analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation phases for new development projects, application software changes, and version upgrades
- Provides production system support services including investigation of processing errors and system problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical staff and convey complex ideas both verbally and in written form
- Provides leadership and mentoring of internal programming teams
- Maintains programming skills and current knowledge of application development technology as related to specific technical project assignments
- Ensure adherence to department standards, methods and policies
Ability to analyze and make sound decisions is essential to this role. Follows company procedures and guidelines to perform most job functions. Notifies manager of any issues that might impact productivity, and other established goals and standards.
Education: BS/BA and/or 4 year technical degree preferably in computer programming or related computer field or equivalent experience is required
Experience: Minimum 8 years of systems programming experience
- An understanding of Systems Integration concepts and experience utilizing them
- An advanced understanding of computer concepts
- Advanced proficiency in relationship database concepts and query applications coding (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Sequel, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with application development tools/suites (e.g. Oracle sequel developer, Sequel Server Management Studio)
- Advance proficiency with database reporting writing tools (e.g. SQR, SSRS)
- Clear understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Motivated self-starter with creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, set priorities in a fast paced environment
Occasional overnight travel as needed. Overtime as needed.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.