VoIP Tech Engineer
Union, NJ 07083
VoIP Tech Engineer
The VoIP Technician will be part of a team of specialists that will be tasked with various configuration changes for a large-scale project affecting the call routing for retail locations in the United States and Canada. The candidate will have significant knowledge and experience working with Cisco telephone products including but not limited to: Unified Communications Manager, Call Manager Express, Cisco gateways and SIP. The VoIP Technician should be skilled in implementing and execute all processes put in place by the project management team. VoIP Technicians will need to enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment with the ability to follow specific technical documentation specific to each retail store. Additionally, the candidate must have great communication, vendor management, time management, and coordination and collaboration skills. Experience with basic network commands such as BGP, EIGRP and large IT retail rollouts is a great plus!
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the team as well as the Vendors involved with the daily store conversations
• Escalate issues in a timely manner so the issue can be resolved quickly with no downtime to the store
• Follow all steps in the conversation documentation and be able to explain the information to the assigned vendor
• Execute Cisco IOS commands in CLI and work with Cisco UCM environment.
• Participate and lead testing activities to verify the stores’ voice environment is operational (for example but not limited to Cisco Telephones, router/switch configurations
• Data entry into project database
Mandatory Skills & Experience
• Excellent Written and verbal communications skills (able to specifically breakdown issues that arise)
• Excellent knowledge and troubleshooting experience with Cisco telephone equipment, CUCM, Unity, Call Manager Express, Call Handlers.
• Working knowledge of CLI tools such as Putty or Teraterm
• Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word and Excel) Windows 7/10
• Organizational skills, Time Management, Vendor Management and Team Oriented. Willingness to help on tasks as needed with the ability to work independently. Ability to self-manage responsibilities and exercise sound judgement
• Knowledge of basic Cisco IOS commands
• Knowledge of basic Cisco routing and switching
• A Cisco CCENT certification is a plus.
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.