Technical Architect, Marketing Platforms
1001 Frontier Rd. Bridgewater, NJ 08807
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technical Architect – Marketing Platforms will play a key role in defining the next generation marketing technology capabilities and will lead key initiatives from a technology standpoint. Will work effectively with internal and external cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs, solve problems, drive product development and deploy new solutions from the front lines. The technical architect will be accountable for architecting flexible, robust and high quality solutions and driving engineering teams to adopt best practices.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
- Work closely with marketing teams across brands, provide thought leadership on marketing technology and become a trusted partner in technology decisions
- Create and iterate on an architectural roadmap for marketing platforms in support of business goals and needs
- Provide technical leadership to marketing technology projects
- Take accountability for architecture and quality of platforms and integrations
- Understand business needs, goals and KPIs; work with cross functional teams to translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Assist the engineering team in hands-on development of platforms and integrations as needed
- Define code review, unit testing and other code quality standards and drive adoption of those standards
- Establish CI/CD and DevOps processes and partner with product managers in driving agile project execution
- Partner with product managers in work prioritization and planning
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint demos and retrospectives
- Assist in establishing support processes as new platforms go-live and evolve the processes to be nimble and responsive to changing business needs
- Stay current on emerging technologies and conduct independent research to support business needs and requirements
- Conduct proof of concepts to prove new technologies in support of architecture vision and guiding principles
- Drive or participate in technology vendor discussions, evaluations, and selections
- 10 years of related software development experience including solution or technical architecture experience in a dynamic enterprise environment
- Experience architecting and building scalable and high-performing marketing platforms or digital products
- 3+ years of experience with marketing technology platforms – CRM, Campaign Management, DMP etc.
- Extensively worked with cloud based solutions and SaaS platforms; experience architecting and implementing solutions in one or more of the cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, and Azure)
- Worked in an agile product environment and helped define engineering best practices including adoption of DevOps principles
- Worked closely with business stakeholders in Marketing and (or) Media functions
- Experience playing a technical leadership role in data driven marketing transformation or digital transformation programs is a plus
- Experience with big data and customer data management solutions is a plus
- Retail or CPG industry experience is a plus
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!