Software Engineer, Data Analytics
123 Tice Boulevard Suite 101 Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
If you thrive in a dynamic, high-energy, results-driven culture, we may have a unique career opportunity for you!
- Design, develop, maintain Enterprise Data Warehouse including data processing, ETL’ s, integrations, optimization
- Design, develop, and implement interactive visualizations by processing and analyzing large datasets
- Turn data into clear visualizations that would provide end-users an ability to view related data in new and innovative ways
- Design/Implement solutions from Requirements Documentation using best practices, latest methodologies and technologies available.
- Create and modify SRDs (Software Requirements Documentation)
- Manage software release packaging (Documentation, building, publishing, etc.…)
- Build, test, and deploy controlled releases of new User Interfaces
- Work with System Test and Quality Control teams on test process, validation, and release processes
- Manage/monitor website, including customer portal
- Participate in Unit Testing, Code Review, and Integration Testing with our custom hardware solutions
- Ensure software sustainment (bug fixes, applying patches, documenting workarounds)
- Provide excellent service to customers (Requirements gathering, GTM demonstrations)
- Provide Tier 3 (Engineering) software support (debugging, patching, testing)
- Bachelor’ s Degree (computer science or quantitative field of study preferred) plus 3+ years of hands-on experience in data warehouse management and business intelligence development and analysis
- Data Warehouse (star-schema) and SQL database exposure to Microsoft SQL Server (2008+), including an understanding of ETL (SSIS), OLAP, Data Modeling, Stored Procedure Design, Performance Tuning, Index Usage and Best Design Practices with Object Oriented SQL databases
- Hands-on experience in data visualization, data mining, and data analysis
- Excellent problem solver with in-depth trouble shooting and analysis skills, utilizing all resources available (Google, texts, etc...)
- Exceptional math skills, utilizing binary/hexadecimal conversions and operations (masking, modulus, shifting, mapping, etc.…) for data/speed efficiency
- Experience in creating and implementing interactive charts, graphs, and other user interface elements
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods and report development Self-motivated, independent thinker with a strong desire to continually learn new things
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex information in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences
- Adaptable, energetic, and dedicated
- Ability to work in a team environment, supporting group projects, and balancing personal task assignments
- Exposure to software development methodologies and documentation practices
- Experience using MS PowerBI or other leading BI platform for data visualization, dashboards and reporting
- Experience using SSRS for report development
- Experience with data analytics development, model development
- MS Azure: Logic Apps, Custom Vision, LUIS, ML Studio
- Supply-chain and/or logistics optimization background
- Understanding of visualizations focused on return on investment/payback
- Experience with industrial transportation, manufacturing or warehousing
- Experience with Microsoft Visual C# WCF and Windows Services.
- Experience in UX Design (web development UI)
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.