Software Deployment Engineer
522 East 74th (between York Ave & FDR Drive) NY, NY 10021
seeking a talented Software Deployment Engineer to join its Information Technology Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for deploying endpoint and server software to multiple environments using deployment automation and orchestration tools. Candidate will be working with various application support teams, as well as desktop and infrastructure and operations engineers and administrators to implement and maintain operating system software as well as 3rd party tools and applications on managed devices. Candidate will also implement and maintain an asset management system for managing all enterprise devices (endpoints, servers and network devices).
To qualify for this job, candidate must have a firm grasp of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, automation, patching and deployment tools, such as Ivanti Landesk, Quest Kace, Microsoft SCCM, and similar software stack. Also, candidate must have a strong understanding of Client/Server computing, Microsoft AD/LDAP, as well as be conversant with networking principles and TCP/IP. Candidate should have strong Windows Systems engineering experience and be very knowledgeable on Group Policy (GPO).
- Design, implement, and maintain an enterprise software deployment, automation and orchestration platform
- Create and maintain a patching program for managed devices
- Design and implement automation for various systems management tasks
- Perform software integration testing on endpoints
- Create and maintain standard system images
- Perform security, performance and availability assessments of endpoints
- Troubleshoot software deployment and patching issues
- Install, configure and maintain Windows desktop and server operating system software
- Install, configure and maintain 3rd party software and client/server applications
- Create and maintain documentation on device configuration, troubleshooting, design etc.
- Bachelor' s degree in Information Technology, computer science or a related field required
- Requires previous experience with software deployment engineering in a medium to large enterprise (5, 000+ managed endpoints and servers)
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.