Senior Software Engineer, Accounting Systems
233 Spring St FL6 NY, NY 10013
See a senior Software Engineer to join a 60+ person Engineering team. You' ll be responsible for turning strategic ideas into integral systems and tools that power the business. The candidates must have a strong grasp of accounting, as well as being a strong developer
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional collaborator with the technical savvy to oversee the product lifecycle and keep code quality top of mind while improving our sales order processing, revenue recognition, and payment systems, as well as other money-related projects.
Must have 5+ years of professional programming experience, including time at a rapidly growing technology organization.
You will be responsible for the design, development, and deployment of innovative solutions to problems affecting all financial systems
• Provide technical leadership and propose new technologies that will advance and evolve our product
• Partner with key stakeholders to define a technical roadmap, propose improvements, and architect solutions that support business needs
• Develop automation tools for measuring proper financial behavior of systems
• Engage in code reviews and help maintain high standards of code quality • Deliver limited-defect products through ubiquitous test automation
• Collaborate with other Technology team members and leaders to refine best practices and processes
A strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals, like data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Java, or C++) • Knowledgeable about modern relational databases, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MySQL
• A quick learner with a can-do attitude • Well-versed in financial or sales systems (e.g., payments, transaction processing)
• Steeped in finance and accounting concepts and principles
• Experienced in Agile development and continuous delivery
• An eloquent and empathetic communicator (both online and in person!)
• Not on the Office of Inspector General' s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
• Experience with AWS
• A working knowledge of Linux or other UNIX systems • Experience with business systems pertaining to supply chain, merchandising, material handling, product lifecycle, and purchase order, and/or modules for enterprise resource planning systems
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Technical Recruiter
Dynamic and results-oriented, Nyree has a proven track record in technical recruiting. She possess a strong understanding of technical requirements; exceptional ability to source passive candidates as well as effectively assess suitability for opportunities on hand. Along with being resourceful and solutions-focused, Nyree’s innate ability to build fruitful relationships has brought her success across many industries.