Senior QA Engineer (right to hire)
53 W 35th St New York, NY 10001
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join the team in our New York headquarters. The role requires extensive experience in developing Selenium framework, integrated with java & JUnit. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail oriented, flexible, extremely organized individual that can multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines. The primary duties of the QA Automation Lead Engineer are to develop automated test scripts and provide manual testing support in two weeks release cycle.
Lead QA Automation Engineer
- Proven ability to design, develop, implement, and execute test cases based on requirements
- Very high attention to detail, completeness, and an eye towards process and quality improvement always
- Creating, managing and owning QA Automation environments
- Experience with source control systems, configuration and build management
- Strong DB skills of writing complex queries and implementing in test validation script
- Develop, debug, & maintain automated test scripts continuously
- Execute Functional, Regression, GUI Testing, 3rd party Integrations and end to end testing
- Log and manage defects in Jira
- Day to day collaboration with off shore team on QA tasks and deliverables
- Support day to day promotion, content and product launches to the site.
- Proficient with Agile/SCRUM Methodology and SDLC
- Strong Excel spreadsheet experience (creating test cases and documentation)
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats
- Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Work with Support/Dev/Sales Teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Reporting QA test status to QA Manager
- 5-8 years of overall experience in QA, testing and delivering software
- 6+ years of experience with developing hybrid automation framework (Selenium, Junit, Cucumber)
- Solid understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Strong understanding and knowledge on creating test plan, test cases and test scripts
- Good understanding of Java concepts and technologies, Java EE web standards, web containers (Apache Tomcat), Git Hub, clustering and communication & Java Security.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Zephyr Tool
- Proficiency developing automated unit and integration tests and continuous integration.
- Experience in Cucumber, Appium or Perfecto
- Familiarity with Sales Force Commerce Cloud is a plus++
- Experience with testing mobile applications
- Excellent understanding in Cloud and large-scale distributed system is a plus
- Familiarity with VMware and AWS is a plus
- E-commerce background preferred
- Experience in testing web-based client/server software
- Must possess strong testing, analytical, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Team-player attitude and the ability to work in a multi-tasking cross-collaborative fast paced environment
- Must be flexible to work extended hours or off-hours when needed
- Bachelors or master’ s degree in related field
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Pattie joined the Connors Group team in 2017. Knowing how it’s important to always try and make the right impression with each interaction; Pattie personally feels that clients look for a Recruiter who demonstrates honesty, integrity, as well as trust. When proactively developing a strategic partnership, clients want to know that they can depend on you to deliver the most qualified candidates for their current openings. As a recruiter, she embodies that value in demonstrating passion in her work; evident as they encounter the level of excitement in describing past achievements or enthusiasm in approach to find the most qualified talent for their team!
Pattie strongly feels that candidates prefer that their career is centered around their quality of life. The chance to express preferences for a new job while feeling secure helps encourage them to do what they do best. Quality candidates like to be presented with long-term opportunities where they can see how their skills align with each company. Alternately, people who just feel comfortable tend to base any opportunity on what they currently need in order to make ends meet. Pattie embodies these values by matching the candidate to a position that provides an opportunity to learn, progress, and contribute to the company. Team work is always very key when it comes to empowering an individual to hone their expertise; allowing them the chance to grow within any organization.
Summoning the courage and strength to start her own business while also starting a family is something Pattie is very proud of. Obtaining that perfect balance is always a key challenge, but you need to totally embrace it in order to overcome it. A Director at her former company referred to her as “fearless” …and while she never thought of herself like that, hearing the complement did make her very proud! Her goal is to continue to have a stimulating career; providing open, supportive collaboration to inspire opportunity in the market. She would like to be positioned as someone who is focused on fostering strength in others! Outside of the office, Pattie loves skiing with her family… typically taking a trip out west every year. Going bike riding and taking family vacations are great. She loves summers at a Long Island beach home, going fishing with her boys and spending time at the pool and at the beach!