SRE Senior Engineer
Union, NJ 07083 | Contract
Client is seeking a Systems Analyst/Engineer within the Store Technologies Team. Having recently implemented the New POS system, this individual will grow to have a deep knowledge of our system processes and how Point-Of-Sale is integrating with other systems to achieve company’ s upcoming initiatives. The role requires ability to face-off to a diverse base of user-groups to solicit system specifications.
• Experience in driving the technical product features from Discovery to Delivery.
• Ability to facilitate functional Requirements/Design/Test workshops between diverse teams.
• Ability to clearly define/write detailed specifications including functional/non-functional
• Data mapping of XML, TLog, XSD and other retail data formats; coordination and validation of data consumption with IT partners (JDA Core Merchandising, EDW/DW, Epicor Sales Audit, Aspect Loss Prevention, Matra, ETL)
• Outstanding communications skills; able to articulate complex technical topics for non-technical audiences.
• End-to-End understanding of project lifecycle – defining scope and requirements clearly through testing and system implementation.
• Alignment and partnership building with multiple technology and business partners.
• Experience working in Waterfall, Agile Methodologies.
• Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate technical units.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and keeps the Timeline Intact.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
Required Skills to be successful at this Role:
• Self-starter, Pro-active, Flexible, can-do attitude.
• Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
• Working knowledge of MS office, MS Project, Visio and related tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• Bachelor’ s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or any related field.
• Master’ s degree is a plus.
• 5+ Years of Experience is required.
• 5+ Years of Systems Analyst/Engineer Experience is required.
• Working knowledge and experience with customer facing technical solutions space.
• Retail Experience required, and experience with minimum of 3 years POS and Payments systems is required.
• Able to interact at various levels and with various stakeholder types (business, technical, and managerial).
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.