PROJECT MANAGER, DIGITAL PRODUCTS
100 West 33rd Street New York, NY 10001
The Business Process Management (BPM) organization contributes to the transformation through global adoption of new and enduring business capabilities.
Our mission is to lead, listen and partner to create extraordinary value for our brands through process excellence. We optimize business processes to deliver consistent, core capabilities with flexibility to support value add brand and regional differences.
Program Management is a key capability in our BPM organization, providing cross-functional management of business transformation initiatives with broad, diverse work streams and multiple projects. The Project Manager will operate as the project management support for projects and/or programs of various sizes. This role focuses on day-to-day project management activities for the Product Creation program and other transformational initiatives as assigned.
This role will create the integrated project plans and will be responsible to support the delivery of assigned project(s) on-time, on-budget, with specified scope across all functional areas; including integrated project plan (master timeline), project charter, resource plan, budget, status reporting, meeting minutes, and SharePoint management. He/She is accountable to for maintaining project documentation.
The role provides project management support to medium to large-scale programs and may on occasion also lead small projects. Partners cross-functionally to align technical solutions with business needs and enhance connectivity of business units, regions, functional areas and IT solutions/systems.
- Accountable to support the delivery of assigned project(s)/program(s) under the guidance of the Sr. Program Director.
- Manages all project management documentation including the integrated project plan (master timeline), charter, budget, risk mitigation plan, meeting minutes, status reporting, governance, and close out/lessons learned.
- Under supervision, drives accountability and owns the Project Management deliverables including creating the optimal project structure, project kick off, building a high performing team, facilitating workshops, and project budget.
- Supports the team in early identification of emerging risks and escalates issues to ensure risk mitigation plans are identified before issues arise.
- Ensures Project Sponsors and stakeholders are regularly engaged for input/consultation communicating any emerging risks and corresponding mitigation plans. Provides transparent and timely reporting to all stakeholders.
- Proactively assesses cross-project impacts, cross-project resources, and dependencies and communicates potential impacts across the enterprise.
- Supports change management, stakeholder engagement, and communication creation.
- Consistently demonstrates high integrity and objective leadership to drive decisions that are best for Consumers, associates, and financial strength.
- Role models diplomacy and courageous leadership when resistance, fear, or lack of transparency or other factors may hinder obtaining project results.
- Partners with team members to ensure project priorities are clear.
- Supports the project post implementation and presents key findings/lessons learned to executive leadership. Communicates learning that can be reapplied across the company
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6-10 years’ experience in operations, project management, IT, Supply Chain, or Consulting.
- Preferably 3 to 5 years in retail, wholesale or consumer products industry.
- Minimum 5 years Project Management / PMO experience with some responsibility for delivering and/or supporting cross-functional initiatives and managing teams.
- Minimum 2 years influencing key decision makers or executives in a cross-functional team setting.
- Highly experienced in day-to-day project management activities to support the Product Creation program and other transformational initiatives as assigned.
- Preferably 1 to 2 years of digital product project management experience
- Bachelor’ s degree is required; graduate degree is highly preferred.
- Training in Project/Project management is required; on the job experience is required demonstrating Project Management skills and experience.
- Ability to obtain PMP within 5 years of hire.
- Organized and detail oriented project professional with strong communication skills.
- Solid experience supporting and/or leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong expertise at created and managing an integrated project plan/schedule and related project documentation.
- Ability to analyze resources needed to meet objectives and proactively get to root cause and solve problems.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, planning, and execution skills to drive results.
- Experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Articulate and tactful communicator in both written and oral form; good business writing skills and able to develop and deliver effective presentations for various audiences.
- Able to develop relationships at all levels throughout the organization and negotiate resource or people conflicts with coaching.
- High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
- Some experience leading small project and supporting large scale programs in the digital space.
- Understanding and experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Microsoft Visio, MS Project, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word.
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!