Marketing Project Manager
5 Paragon Drive Montvale, NJ 07645
Marketing Project Manager
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and highly organized Project Manager; someone who is a motivated self-starter, with clear communication skills and experience in multi-tasking, managing many projects at once, and working with a cross-functional team. This person should have a proven record of building strong relationships, as well as building, managing and enforcing processes.
This person will be a key member of the marketing organization, sitting within the creative team, and reporting to the Creative Director.
The Project Manager will be the operational backbone of the marketing team, working closely with the Content Manager, Marketing, Operations and project stakeholders. This role will be responsible for establishing and managing a process for production— from qualifying a project request, initial brief to final output, including timeline creation and management.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Own the day-to-day management of the project process, including:
- Daily Update on Project Status to Team
- Project request intake, prioritization and processing
- Creative production management, including meetings, systems, timeline, and final delivery of project
- Work with team to identify opportunities and efficiencies as well as develop standard operating procedures within the cross-functional team
- Build, maintain, prioritize and adjust timelines to ensure successful and timely delivery of creative projects
- Work with Creative Director and Project Leads to evaluate initial project request and manage any subsequent change requests, including impact to timelines and project logistics
- Regularly evaluate and communicate status of ongoing projects, identify any bottlenecks or risks, and manage expectations as needed
- Keep positive, clear and open lines of communication between teams and project stakeholders
- Train staff and onboard new hires onto workflow process and project management tool
Education and Experience:
- 5-8 years’ experience in a project management role
- Project Management Certification required
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college/university
- Advertising agency experience required
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning as well as expertise with Risk, Issue, and Change Management
- Proven project management skills, techniques and tools with strength in managing multiple projects/deadlines, staying organized, and being flexible in changing environments
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively; you should be a team player, positive go-getter, and all-around good person
- Able to professionally enforce process and be firm and diligent with key stakeholders while building strong and positive cross-functional relationships
- Highly proficient with Wrike or other project management software
- Understanding of marketing, creative and production processes and terminology
Recruiting Director, Project / Program Management & Business
Sue started working with The Connors Group in 2010, enthusiastically bringing expertise to an organization that shares her values of professional integrity and quality relationships. Sue focuses on recruiting Project / Program Management professionals for Business Transformation initiatives. She believes that clients value a good reputation, transparency in the process of working with candidates, and depth of insight to provide expedient solutions. On the talent side, Sue knows that candidates value access to opportunity, knowledge in review of their background, and the time we take to build rapport.
Sue strives to continue as thought leader/adviser for companies who want to grow their team with project managers; and be perceived as as a source for industry trends and market intelligence. She enjoys networking in the field and working with different professional groups within the Project Management domain. As a sociology major, she has always enjoyed the “people side of IT;” connecting the companies we work with and the people we network with. She also enjoys game shows, board games, volunteering, and travel – ask her about her time on $1,000 Pyramid!