Manager Desktop Support Services
522 East 74th (between York Ave & FDR Drive) NY, NY 10021
Seeking a Manager of Desktop Support Services to lead our team of desktop support technicians and support coordinators to provide excellent desktop support services to our enterprise.
Success in the position will require exceptional communication skills, an excellent technical background and sound troubleshooting abilities. Additionally, the Desktop Support Manager will work closely with IT teams to implement initiatives across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead a team of technicians and support coordinators; oversee the day to day operations of the Desktop Support team, providing technical leadership, mentoring, delegation of responsibility and identifying and providing staff development
• Manage and perform supervisory duties on a daily basis for the Desktop Support Team and ensuring procedures and processes are adhered to
• Manage all end user incident and request tickets through the IT service management tool • Compile weekly, quarterly and annual reports and metrics. Provide data and reporting of KPI’ s and trends to IT leadership
• Act as an escalation point for end user requests and incidents • Develop and oversee IT help desk knowledge base and IT policies and procedures documentation for Desktop Support items
• Manage and maintain processes for IT inventory, purchasing, procurement and deployment • Schedule help desk and desktop resources to ensure IT project deliverables are completed on time and meet service level objectives
• Improve user awareness of IT services, by coordinating all training, documentation, and communication initiatives
• Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors
• Work to continuously improve existing IT processes by providing new and innovative ideas to increase automation, add value and ensure quality customer service
• Periodic travel between HSS sites, and after-hours support will be required Successful Candidate should have:
• Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels
• Collaborative approach and strong relationship building skills
• Ability to think strategically and deal effectively with competing priorities and demands
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent listening skills, to enable the understanding and dissemination of requirements from varied stakeholders
• Outstanding leadership capabilities, with ability to lead, train, develop, and motivate a team
• Proven ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work due to changing business/client requirements
• Bachelor’ s degree in Information Systems/IT related discipline required, Masters degree preferred
• ITIL Foundation certification prefered Practical Experience
• 5+ years’ experience leading a Desktop Support or Service Desk team
• Experience in developing and implementing ITSM/ITIL processes, metrics and documentation
• IT Service Management tooling experience • Advanced technical support experience with the following technologies:
• Active Directory administration
• Microsoft Windows OS’ s and Office applications (O365)
• Apple Hardware and MacOS
• OS and application deployment tools and imaging software
• Endpoint Management technologies
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.