Front End Web Developer
134 W 29th New York, NY 10001
This Web Developer role will be responsible for website and A/B testing development. This means working in a true test and learn environment. The testing team will work in partnership with the website development team to optimize conversion and user experience. The key areas of responsibilities include:
- Perform technical projects relating to eCommerce websites, platforms and systems
- Liaise with Business analysts, digital product manager, and graphic design to build new UI and functionality
- Technical design of modules
- QA of the application developed
- Promotion of Bug fixes & changes in live instance
- Documentation (High level & low level technical design, creation of gist or A/B testing code for production)
- Providing status updates to the reporting manager
- Respond to incidents either product management or automated reports
- Strategize, plan and recommend technology solutions for future growth
- Manage occasional early morning deploys.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of 3 yrs as a Web Developer mandatory
- Expertise in developing applications using A/B testing platforms
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Worked on at least 3 large development projects
- Good knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Working Knowledge on source control application (e.g. Git)
- At least 2 years of experience with UI/UX Design
- Hands-on experience with graphic design tools like Illustrator and Photoshop and UI/UX design tools
- Experience building standards for brand and design consistency
- Experience developing accessible interfaces for people with disabilities
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility and workarounds
- Ability to write high performing, reusable code for UI components
- Excellent and professional communication skills to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to incorporate feedback into revised designs
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high quality work products
- Experience with complex eCommerce user experiences and lead conversion
- Experience with multi-variate testing of front-end experiences
- Demonstrates our values of Speed, Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Humility
- Drives innovation and challenges the status quo to provide new, transformative solutions
- High degree of verbal and written communication skills across all organizational levels
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a time sensitive and dynamic environment
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!