Digital/eCommerce Graphic Designer
100 West 33rd Street Suite 1012 New York, NY 10001
The Digital Designer leads and produces the design function for the e-commerce team
The position is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, web pages, product graphics, email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads.
The Digital Designer reports to the Creative Director and works closely with the Director of Digital Marketing, Director of E-Commerce Merchandising and Project Managers.
- Produce the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates. While some projects may require directing external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
- Translate product positioning, existing research, and offline/online Marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Work with e-commerce team and internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards. Work with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Work with Director of Digital Marketing to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Manage and produce digital design work, including banner sizing and versioning.
- Translate wireframes into simple, easy-to-use User Interfaces.
- Ensure consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points.
- Provide design support to other business lines to create presentations, product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- Minimum 5 years successful professional design experience, preferably at a digital agency or inhouse Web team for a product-driven business.
- Strong portfolio of design work, showing solution to business problems through effective design.
- Able to present concepts and lead internal teams to the correct solution.
- Experience in web marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, FTP, web design and development principles.
- Deep knowledge with Web design processes
- Experience designing e-commerce websites or advertising
- Knowledge of Keynote/PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Must be able to handle confidential information and deal with issues sensitively.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite products, Photoshop in particular
Meet Your Recruiter
Managing Director, Digital & eCommerce Recruiting
Patti started working with The Connors Group in 2007. Her outgoing personality, energy, and positive attitude helped quickly develop a broad and loyal base of candidates and clients. Patti believes an ideal client relationship is a true “partner” with the shared goal of quickly and successfully recruiting the right talent... relationships that are built on trust, communication, and attention to all the right details. She believes that investing time to understand the big picture… the business and goals… are imperative when taking on a new search. Equally important to the “job order” is identifying the fit, and her goal is to add value and become that trusted, go-to resource companies seek to get their positions filled!
Candidates want to establish relationships with recruiters who understand the industry, skills, career goals, and personalities of the people they recruit. Listening to what is important to the individual- besides the skills match- to better align qualities with opportunities is the goal. Communication as well. Honest and open communication are paramount. As a recruiter working with both passive and active candidates; Patti strives to understand “who they are,” “what are their career goals,” “what do they think is their most valuable trait.” Listening, establishing rapport, and keeping the line of communication open… providing career guidance, suggestions, and honest feedback is what she believes differentiates our team from other recruiters!
Helping to build the digital practice for The Connors Group, even riding the waves of an up and down economy, and witnessing early stages of the digital, eCommerce era... is something Patti is tremendously proud of. To be part of successful and consistent growth… understanding the trends / translatable skills, cultivating relationships with early pioneers who were just starting out… and seeing their progression- it is very rewarding to be part of that change! Similarly, earlier in her technical sales career, witnessing the transition from Mainframe, Data Center technology… to Personal Computing, Microcomputing, and ultimately partnering with an innovative group to target small- to medium- sized businesses to offer affordable, powerful computer solutions- it was incredible to see that trend explode and have a part in it!
She would have to say… over the course of a 30-year career in technology, that Patti has found it satisfying to have contributed to both sides; from the evolution of computing and putting technology in the hands of the people… to now putting people with the right hands on the technology! Her goal is to continue to build a reputation as a Subject Matter Expert in the digital talent space, working with new companies and staying abreast of emergent technologies so that she may continue to service new and existing clients; and be positioned as a trustworthy and valuable partner. Outside of work, she loves to travel... mostly off the beaten path, has a knack for party hosting and loves to dance!