Desktop Support Engineer
Union, NJ 07083
Desktop Support Engineer position will provide, under limited supervision, technical support of personal computers (Both Macs & PCs), printers, and servers in a network environment. This will include the delivery, installation and setup of such systems in the end-user community. This will include installation of approved software as well as the diagnostics of basic hardware and software problems encountered by the end-users.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide on-site & remote end-user desktop support in a mixed-OS environment (80/20 percent mix of Mac OS/Windows)
• Troubleshoot hardware, software, Wireless, WAN, and LAN issues
• Work with external vendors to resolve hardware and software issues
• Deploy and maintain computers, servers, virtual machines, phones, video conference, & mobile devices
• Build, maintain, & image new hardware and replace or upgrade legacy hardware
• Test new software and operating systems for compatibility
• Research and recommend new technologies and solutions
• Document support processes and troubleshooting procedures for hardware and software
• Work with end-users to develop an understanding of the needs and uses
• Collaborate with other team members to resolve complex issues through training and support
• Keep management aware of changes within the office
• Ability to prioritize projects and support issues
QUALIFYING EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 1-3 years’ experience in IT related field, preferably in e-commerce/internet/retail
• Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience with Mac OS X (10.10 to current)
• Strong experience with Windows 10
• Strong desktop hardware experience (Windows, Mac, laptops, peripherals)
• Experience with Google Apps for Business
• Experience with Device Management Software (SCCM/JAMF Pro)
• Experience with Video Conference (LifeSize) and VOIP (Shoretel) solutions
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
• Understanding of Active Directory
• Comfortable with the command line (Bash, Powershell, SQL, etc)
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills
• Works well in a team environment
• Able to adapt and to be assertive in a fast paced constantly changing environment
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work independently
Ken Peters co-founded The Connors Group in June, 2001 and has been responsible for building the foundation of this premier IT staffing organization that serves clients in the areas of executive search, staff placements and consulting services. Ken has over 23 years experience in information technology and IT recruiting.
Ken’s IT background gives him a unique prospective to what an employer is looking for in an IT professional, as well as what’s important to a prospective candidate.
Handling the operations side of The Connors Group, Ken is always looking to leverage technology to create a world class infrastructure. Implementing this technology gives Connors a competitive edge, and adds tremendous value to our clients, and candidates.