A Cybersecurity Specialist
Stamford, CT 06901-3435
A Cybersecurity Specialist is responsible for defining the strategy to manage and mitigate risk, as well as assess information risk and facilitate remediation of identified vulnerabilities & risks across the organization.
- Participates in the design, architecture standards and implementation of the overall Information Security program
- Support the management of security infrastructure, including but not limited to proxies, IDS/IPS, SIEM, endpoint security solutions etc.
- Identify and address security gaps discovered through ongoing monitoring of all information security controls and implement enhancements to security controls
- Ensure that all Information Security capabilities and functions are operating as designed and intended
- Helps facilitate, develop and support the IS security / risk training curriculum while continually learning and promoting the awareness of applicable standards, risks and best practices
- Ensures that technology investments are fully leveraged in accordance with the organization’ s information security goals
- Performs internal security assessments, presents recommendations and implements solutions
- Actively participate in proof-of-concepts for new security technologies by developing selection criteria to identify appropriate security solutions to support strategic operational needs and security requirements
- Participates and / or leads IS Security incident response to security incidents (e.g. denial of service attacks, virus infestation)
- Technology Skills – Advance computer skills. Have extensive technical experience and knowledge of Information Technology Security.
- Problem-solving Skills - An aptitude for creative and effective troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Communication Skills - Tactful and professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with employees and vendors. Listen effectively and clarify information as needed. Written skills to produce routine reports and professional correspondence.
- Thoroughness - Ensure one' s own and other' s work are complete and accurate. Strong organizational, record-keeping, and follow-up skills.
- Energy - Ability to work in fast-paced environment, be self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to advance.
- Organization - Determines the appropriate allocation of time. Balance conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meet critical deadlines
- Adaptability - Willingness to adjust schedule to meet the demands of the job. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary. Work under time pressure deadlines and adjust to changing requirements.
- Judgement - Ability to make reasonable decisions independently. Swiftly refers problems or issues to appropriate person when necessary. Work effectively without constant or direct supervision.
- Teamwork - Work as a competent member of the team and willingly provide back-up support for co-workers when appropriate.
- Integrity/Honesty - Behave in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Show consistency in words and actions. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
Who Are You?
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, CS or related field and minimum of 3-5 years of Information Security experience
- Working knowledge of Cisco network switches, routers, ASA firewalls and VPN
- Working knowledge of security framework models such as NIST etc.
- Experience with systems and network security
- Implementation and administration of Data Loss Prevention technologies
- Experience with implementing and auditing security measures
- 5+ years' experience in security related technologies (i.e. antivirus, IDS/IPS, firewalls, SIEM etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting SMTP, email relay, email edge appliances (Spam Service Providers
- 3+ years’ experience with AD Forrest with Parent and Child Domains, Group Policy, Security Templates & Methodologies
- 3+ years’ experience with Active Directory Services including DNS, DHCP, ADFS and VLANs
- 2+ years' experience with PowerShell scripting
Recruiting Director, Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure
Caroline joined the Connors Group in 2004 and is focused on recruiting for Cyber Security, Mobile & Infrastructure job opportunities. A confident communicator who is strongly motivated to succeed, Caroline relates warmly with others; easily establishing relationships with everyone she interacts with.
She believes that clients value consistency in delivering a certain caliber of talent and results in filling their critical vacancies. Paying close attention to their needs and delivering solutions that match their talent expectations is how she embodies quality service for the businesses that she works with! Candidates value relationships committed to truth, understanding of their needs, knowledge of the hiring landscape, and results. She delivers that by motivating the potential in others; connecting proficiency with possibilities!
Caroline is proud that - with her help… many of her candidates land their dream job and the companies she worked with land their dream candidate! She loves her job because of the positive influence imparted onto others. The impact of a recruiter is twofold: first, you can literally change the life of an individual by placing them in their dream job, and second, you can effectively change the direction and the success of a corporation with a single great hire in a key job (i.e. recruiting a young Derek Jeter to your baseball team.)
Continue to relate easily to others, communicate with candor, and find and place “top notch” candidates; are all long-term career goals. In addition, Caroline aims to be positioned in the market as a recruiter specialized in infrastructure and security placements. Caroline is bilingual in English and Spanish. She loves running, Pilates, nutrition, The New York Yankees and spending time with her family outside of the office.