200 Talcott Avenue South Watertown, MA 02472
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Business Intelligence, the primary focus of the Data Scientist is to help stakeholders leverage data for key strategic objectives. In this role you will be responsible for supporting stakeholders while they seek to achieve project goals by apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to various complex data sets. The Data Scientist will lead projects independently as well as assist other data teams across the organization by providing expert guidance in creating models and machine learning algorithms.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Build custom statistical models, such as linear or logistic regression, Pattern recognition & Predictive models that predict various business metrics
- Match pre-existing models (like random forest etc.) to various problems like segmentation analysis, identifying outliers, etc.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of analytical product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Evaluate and recommend products and tools to enable accelerated learning and analytics
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business outcomes
- Doing ad-hoc, what-if analysis and Summarize and present results for Technical & Non-Technical audience
What we hope you will bring to this role:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related discipline, and more than 2 years of demonstrated experience as a data scientist to help improve business outcomes required
- Must have experience using statistical computer functions in languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from variety of data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (Forecasting, Benchmarking, Clustering, Decision Tree Learning, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts – Regression, Sampling, Outliers Detection, Linear & Multiple Regression, Time series forecasting, Exponential Smoothing etc.
- Experience working with large datasets, data wrangling and complex dimensional data models
- Experience in modeling/preparing of data inputs for Visualization and building analytical Visualization using Qliksense/Tableau/PowerBI
- Mentor data analysts and junior data science associates in best practices
- Experience in data modeling and data wrangling, and experience with tools like data science platforms like rapidminer, data robot etc. preferred
- Role is in an indoor office setting, with travel required 20% of the time
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.