Data Engineering and Analytics Developer (hybrid or remote)
150 Ocean Rd. Greenland, NH 03840
Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering and Analytics, the Data Engineering and Analytics Developer will be responsible for collecting data requirements, partnering with the lines of business to support their reporting and data insights needs. The role will be tasked with building analytical solutions which includes working directly with colleagues in the business to determine requirements, creating approved solutions (ELT, core datasets, reports and dashboards) and maintaining ongoing support (training and troubleshooting) for those solutions.
- Collaborates with corporate departments to collect data requirements, analyze business requirements and processes; independently design interactive analytics solutions
- Works independently on end to end solutions, from data investigation to the final visual dashboard
- Analyzes business requirements and provide end-to-end solution design for respective data foundation, including, but not limited to Data Marts, Data Feeds, Data Warehouse etc.
- Analyzes business analytics and reporting needs to provide solution design supporting custom reporting, advanced analytics, data discovery, self-service capabilities, etc.
- Assists in the design of data warehouses to ensure interoperability with robust ELT solutions, data pipes and models
- Champions data quality, integrity, and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices
- Aids team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge
Cole Haan is a pioneer in inventing and reinventing modern dress footwear, bags and accessories through our ZeroGrand and GrandSeries product lines. Customers who seek style, versatility and comfortable function in their products come to Cole Haan.
Cole Haan is rapidly growing in the United States and abroad. The brand is sold in more than 45 countries through 90 branded retail stores within the United States, 200+ branded store and shop-in-shop locations internationally, on our global digital flagship, colehaan.com, and within leading department store and specialty retail partners throughout the World.
Our headquarters is in Greenland, New Hampshire. We have offices in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Amsterdam and sourcing offices in Asia.
We seek hard-working employees who are entrepreneurial-minded, solutions-oriented team players who accept and own accountability, model integrity, value individuality and diversity, encourage teamwork and inspire creativity.
- 3+ years of overall experience with focus on analytics deliverables and/or BI solutions required
- 3+ years experience developing complex BI applications using Tableau and Alteryx preferred
- 3+ years advanced SQL, stored procedures and scripting skills required (Python/R is a plus)
- Ability to deliver complex projects using effective planning, pragmatic approaches, and collaboration, despite obstacles and ambiguity
- 3+ years experience with querying big data cloud repositories using technologies such as Snowflake preferred
- 3+ years experience with data warehouse analysis and design experience, with some knowledge of data architecture and dimensional modeling
- Strong understanding of data acquisition, cleansing and integrations processes (ETL, ELT, data pipes)
- Fluent in relational database concepts, structured and unstructured data and flat file processing concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Previous experience with understanding and documenting the flow of data from source systems through extraction and load processes into data models and reporting structures
- 3+ years experience with large databases such as Oracle or Teradata preferred
- Experience with data modeling is preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Director, Information Technology
Vanda joined the team at The Connors Group in 2001. She believes that clients value the goal of delivering the best results in adding value to their growth strategies… Helping to connect them to a higher level of talent. Candidates value trust that she'll keep their best interests in mind when it comes to finding the right opportunity for their career. Identifying the “Je Ne Sais Quoi” helps in balancing the needs of clients with the needs of candidates!
Vanda embodies value in how she's always willing to go an extra step and be readily accessible. She knows it’s important to trust her gut instinct and has been described by others as intuitive. Vanda enjoys focusing her energy on building relationships with everyone she works with. She loves what she does and proud of the results provided in matching job seekers to opportunities with her clients.
Vanda is always striving to learn new things and improve her craft, despite an established reputation in successfully placing IT professionals for over a decade. Vanda prides herself on an established network of top talent that is unrivaled. Vanda's policy is to always treat people the way she wants to be treated and to always put her best foot forward. She likes to bring a high level of optimism, creativity, and energy to each situation. A charismatic personality and can-do attitude make her a highly sought-after Recruiter.